Sunday, July 1, 2012

Have you ever exeperinced this?

It was a warm summer day, the sun was shining.
I was filled with excitement, joy and trepidation.
I was 15 and learning how to properly turn a corner.  
I remember the look on my sisters face as she told me to slow down when turning a corner.
I replied," I will"
The way I remember the events is like this:
I was going 30 miles per hour approaching the corner.
After the reminder to slow down I did!
I was only going 25 miles per hour and I thought the car handled very well.
If you ask my sister she will tell
 you a made up version that is not true!
 

I had this same day but many years later when I was
trying to teach my own daughters to drive.
The warmth of the sun was felt on my face, while  fear gripped  my heart.
Through many hours of laughter and screaming,
two of my daughters have their very own license.  
The third one is not far behind and the fourth  girl has a few more years.
I have one of them that likes the lead foot on the gas while turning the corners.
She should be a race car driver!
(She reminds me of me at that age, O boy are we in for it!)
I have one that likes to just plain speed.
My Kelsee is now learning......
She has to learn to balance her foot on the brake and gas.  
You know what I am talking about the quick stop and jerk motion,
while she repeats the phrase "I am sorry."
She is getting better and I laugh when I think of those memories.
I know that the girls and I both enjoyed the time spent together.

The same applies for this current journey of Mission Possible.
It has reminded me of that fun time with my daughters in the car.

Just when I think the road is straight and I could put the pedal 
to the metal.  
There comes a yellow slow down caution sign!

Just when I think I have all the paper work done right
there comes a curve in the road.
The past week or two has seemed 
  like a trip with not stop quick and jerk motion.  
I would like this to be a smooth and painless journey, 
however
it is far from that!
I know that sometimes life is like that,
full of unexpected detours
hours of construction
miles of road in front of you 
and miles of road in back of you.
I can enjoy the trip!
I can and will enjoy the laughter, screams and stories.
This will be the legacy for our boy and any other children to follow.
This legacy of love, joy, kindness
learning and growing is what I want to leave behind.

I want the sun to shine on the faces of my loved ones.
I want the journey of this life to teach them the important things.  
I want the love and support of this family to 
spread and make a difference.  
I do know  that this group of people that I love 
will and can make a difference, even if the 
road is full of construction.

We are awaiting for our Dr. to get back from vacation 
 we need to have him fill out three more medical certificates.  
I was hoping that this would be done this Monday, however, 
he will not be back until Monday the 9th.
This holds up paper work which holds up our first flight.
AND guess what I  have just realized again
is that I, Michelle is not in control!

We are also trying to get the rest of the money 
by fundraising  and filling out more paper work for 
grants and loans.
I am asking for some additional  prayer.
I need the strength
the love
the support.
Thank you for all your help and support!
Let's keep driving, driving,driving!

I while driving this week listen and enjoy this song
this is our jam!
If you hear it from a distance it will be us coming down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment