Sunday, August 26, 2012

Where would I be???

It has been a very crazy busy time this past week.
We have successfully completed our first week of school.
YEAH! 
I feel like it will be wonderful, exciting and  teachable year.
I am so excited to see my kiddos and get to know my new ones.
I have already learned a great deal in the first real week.




I have learned that I  will be busy this year.
I have learned that I will need to be flexible.
 I have learned that we all need our anchors.
I know that I need my anchors to help me to be a better
teacher, mother, wife, friend and sister.

I know that I have some major attention deficit disorder tendencies.  
I also know how to help myself to calm down and focus.
It has only taken me 40 years to master my self help skills.  
I know that when I  really feel overwhelmed 
I need someone that really loves me to stop me 
and give me a great big bear hug.
AND as my wonderful girl friend would say
"Shell you need a swift kick in the Butt!".
That may be true as long as you follow it up with a bear hug!

I believe that self awareness is the best skill you can teach anyone.
We are in the beginning stages of this very skill in our class room.
I have a couple new students that need to learn  
 to communicate, with out screaming.
They also are in the process of learning how to appropriately
express all their feelings.
This process is not an easy one, however it will serve every one well.
I do love to see a child look at the object they want and be able
to tell me what it is they want.
They can communicate with pictures, sign and/or any speaking device known to mankind.
I love to expose the children to many different devices to see what
they prefer to use to communicate with.

So this coming year will be a learning year for my new kiddos as well as,
 my fifth graders that will be leaving me.
I am hoping that I have done a good enough job to aid them in
their future successes!
I am also hoping they will continue to learn and grow into the amazing people
I know they are!

Thank you my kiddos for being one of my anchors.
I know that you make me a better person!
Thank you for teaching me some very important lessons in this life!
I also know I have an anchor in my God.
Listen to this new Toby mac song When I heard it for the first time
I feel in love with it.
I can so see my self as this person.
I would be chasing every breeze that blows my way, IF
I did not have HIM to  help me stay focused on the important things in this life.

I really need that focus when life seems full of events that do not go my way.
I know that I can be anchored and have the peace that
ALL WILL BE O.k.

I can not wait to start helping our boy learn his way of communication.
I can not wait for him to teach me some very important lessons.
Therefore, my sweet little boy. hang on and know in your heart we love you and we are coming!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment