Friday, November 23, 2012

Time, memories and love!



I am a person who likes to plan.
I like to know how much time a certain event will take.
I like to make my time count!
I like to also be about the bussiness I need to get done!
I also like to watch the clock and make memories.
I looked at the clock every time that my girls where born.
Kersten at 8:20a.m. on August 20th
Kelsee 5:02 p.m. on March 31st
I looked at the clock when both my parents passed away!
Time is a marker for me.
It helps me remember the good and the harder times in my life.
I know that on the flight back home to the U.S. I was praying that
the time would have moved a little quicker.  
I would look at the clock and only 15 minutes would have passed.
This went on for several hours!
It was crazy and then I remember that feeling of wishing to stop time.
I wanted the time with our boy to be slower.
I did not want it to pass to quickly.
I then thought it would be easier to me if I did not know 
or understand the concept of time.  

I know that this concept is harder for people and children that 
have a disability to over come.
I was thinking it might not be a bad thing!
Not being able to tell time or understand what a day looks and feels like.
Not being tied down to the clock.
To be happy and to enjoy every moment!
That concept has taught me to enjoy and make every moment count!
That is the blessing I am praying for with my boy.
I know that time is a hard concept for him to understand.  
I kept whispering  in his ear that we would be back.
I kept telling him that he is a good boy and that we love him.
I know that the wait time is probably harder for us then him.
Still I know that time is not an item that I can change, 
even though I wish I could!
I can change my action and reaction!
I can also learn how to use the time I have
 to do what I am called to do!

Even though this is hard and causes me grief, tears and stress at times.
It is a concept that I can not change!
I will turn my enregy to things that I can change.
That is me and me alone!

I want you to enjoy the pictures of our boy and the memories 
this creates.  
I hope that at this time of the year, You will all 
enjoy the time you have with the people you  love!
Focus on the time you get not on the time you think you should get!

Make those memories that will last and cause happiness!
Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment