Monday, September 17, 2012

perspective!








What do you see?
Do you see the young lady or the old lady?
It is amazing to to me what image people see first!
I presented this picture with my youth group one  time
 and it was eye opening, to see who saw what image!
I had some youth that could not see the old lady,
I had some that could not see the young lady.
That was until I told a red pen and out line the young lady first.
I outlined the old lady in blue.

So I ask you one more time what image to you see.  
At first glance I see a young lady.  
I can also see the old lady.

 This lesson was brought home to my mind and soul today.
It amazes me what some people see.
I am also sure that is what people say when they speak of me.

I can see the child suffering with the affects of a stroke as a teacher of independence
I can look at a child with a severe physical disability and see love.
I can look at a child who is controlled by the impulsive manner and see humility. 

When people only see sadness, despair, pity or hopelessness 
when they look at my children that are disabled, 
 I will warn you to LISTEN and LOOK  to
 the children whispering  lessons of love, beauty, hope, kindness, compassion and laughter. 
I choose to see only those things!
I believe in the statement that one man's junk can be another man's treasure!
I also believe that Love is in the eye of the beholder.  
These statements are talking about some ones perspective.
I would want for every one to have a perspective change 
IF
all they see is the negative or the darkness in everything!

I understand people wanting us to be informed about our soon
to be son.  
However, when some one  says severely delayed 
I see a few extra lessons taught at his level.
Each and every time I look at our boy.
I see a cute little boy who needs love and structure.
I see a little cutie who is wanting to learn and practice what he is taught!
I see my son that is up for any challenge.
He is not willing to give up and neither am I.
 Every time I look at these innocent blessings that I do not deserve,
 I will be sure to teach, love, care for and hopefully better them;
because  what I choose to see the true image!

My baby boy please listen to that voice whispering love and peace to you right now!
We love you and I can not wait to hold you my sweet pea!
 I do know that we all loved to be held.
 I love the way He helps me to keep my perspective!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment